Opening Activity: File folder games, then make a Telescope out of paper towel rolls!
- Songs: “Row Row Row Your Boat”, “Sailing Sailing”, and “Day-O”.
- Counting with the Calendar: count length of voyage-72 days, count how many weeks are in those 72 days, and count how many full months are in those 72 days.
Wiggle Time: “A Sailor Went to Sea Sea Sea” - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKCKjdf5TVY
- Story – “Let’s Meet Christopher Columbus”
- Map Work: Use telescope to help locate Genoa, Italy; Indies; Palos, Spain; San Salvador. (letter recognition on map)
- Buoyancy Science Experiment.
Opening Activity: Build “The New World” with blocks and Legos
- Story Time: Christopher Columbus Video
- Singing water songs with the Ukulele (Row, row, row your boat, Give said the little stream, etc.)
Wiggle Time: Boat races in boxes
Lesson: Make Christopher Columbus Story books recapping what he did
Craft: Paper Mache Earth Globes
Make boats out of recycled material and take them to a local park with a water feature where you can have boat races!