Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Another Pajama Day!

Today was one of those days. I only had 5 hours of sleep, the girls were extra accident prone, whining and crying was echoing off my walls, and a storm was raging outside. There would be no escape to the park, and because of lightning and thunder, there would be no puddle jumping either. Also thanks to the lightning, there would be no TV. Aaargh!

Thus, I declared a pajama day! If you don't know what that means, then you either don't have kids, are a super hero, or a demi-god! If you do, then you know that I just spent an entire day in my pj's... hanging out with my girls, who were also in their pj's.

It didn't turn out as awful as I thought it would though. We spent the morning playing in the princess castle and gathering pillows.

Then we took turns jumping off the couch into our pillow mountains and giggling with delight!

After which, we built a giant pillow nest where we snuggled, played make-believe, and read stories to each other.

When we were all worn out, Lily went down for a nap while Brooklyn and I painted wooden butterfly magnets for our refrigerator.

Brooklyn went down for a nap when we were done painting and then I made a delicious lentil soup for dinner.

When the girls both woke up, we made banana bread together while we waited for daddy to get home.

Anyway, it turned out to be a very fun and relaxing day, and a great reminder that you can still be a good mom... even if you never get out of your pajamas!

No comments:

Post a Comment