Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Black Bean Salad (or Corn Salsa)

As usual, I made another delicious recipe and accidentally ate ALL of it before I remembered to take a picture. DOH! So you will just have to believe me when I say that this recipe is both tasty and beautiful!

Anyway, a few years back when I worked at the Women's Services and Resources department at Brigham Young University, we had a little healthy cooking demonstration. Lisa Williams and her daughter Kristi were presenting and they made this fantastic Black Bean Salad and served it like a salsa. I remembered it yesterday and dug it up for a little shin-dig I was going to... and it turned out great! So without further ado, here it is for your making and tasting pleasure:

Black Bean Salad

  • 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
  • 2 cans whole kernel corn, drained
  • 8 green onions, chopped
  • 3 tomatoes, seeded and chopped
  • 1 cup fresh cilantro ( I only use 1/2 cup cause I'm not a huge fan)
  • 1 lime, juiced ( or 2 tablespoons from the bottle)
  • 1/2 cup fat free or light Italian salad dressing ( I like Light done right!)
  • 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt

Mix together. Grab some tortilla chips, and DIG IN!

No comments:

Post a Comment