Opening Wiggle Song: Once There Was a Snowman (click on song name for music)
Opening Reverent Song: I Love to See the Temple (click on song name for music)
Opening Prayer: Given by Brooklyn
Lesson: Given by Daddy
Lesson Plan: Today we are learning about GOALS. A Goal is when you want to change things or make things better in your life so you decide to DO something to make that happen. Here is an example of Mommy's goals for the new year:
Mommy set 12 goals for 2012. They will help her improve her mind, body, spirit, and family life. Since you are still little, you only have to do as many goals as your age. Brooklyn will have 4 and Lily will have 2.
When you are setting your goals it is important to remember to be SMART:
- Specific-Say exactly what you want
- Measurable-Make sure there is a way to measure your goal or see your progress
- Achievable-Be realistic and pick goals that you know you can accomplish
- Relevant-Set goals that matter to you in the stage of life you are in
- Time bound-Set a time when you will finish your goal so you know what you are working toward and you can stay on task.
Lesson Application: Sit down with your kids and discuss their goals with them individually. Then have them write their goals down on a nice piece of paper that can be displayed throughout the year. If they are really young, have them draw pictures of their goals instead. Check back weekly or monthly to see how they are doing and to problem solve if they are struggling with anything.
Closing Song: I'm Trying to Be like Jesus (click on song name for music)
Closing Prayer: Given by Lily
Treats: Prepared by Mommy