Thursday, September 8, 2011

Triple Berry Crisp (from Gina's Weight Watcher Recipes)

I've realized by this point in my life, that no matter how I feel about my weight, I will always eat a dessert when it is offered to me (and sometimes even when it's not!) I just love the gooey sugary goodness that drips from every luxurious bite of sweetness. In fact, I love it so much that I can even ignore the sound of my arteries clogging long enough to eat a whole plate of goodies by MYSELF!

That being said, I've also reached a point in my life where I realize my metabolism isn't going to play nice anymore. When I wake up in the morning 2 pounds heavier than when I went to bed... those pounds are going to STAY. Let's just say, it ain't water weight!

Which brings us to today's recipe that I found on Skinnytaste.com. Yes, it IS a dessert, I DID make it, and I DID consume most of it by myself. But to make things a little better for my aging body, I also made sure it was fat free-er than most desserts I drown myself in :) and that has to count for something... right? Anyway, here it is:

(Gina's pictures are far more beautiful than mine... but I'm guessing my crisp tasted just as good!)

Triple Berry Crisp
Gina's Weight Watcher Recipes

Servings: 8 • Serving Size: 1/8th • Old Points: 4 pts • Points+: 6
Calories: 210.5 • Fat: 6.9 g • Protein: 2.9 g • Carb: 40 g • Fiber: 5.1 g • Sugar: 23.3 g
Sodium: 11.5 mg

Ingredients:

For the filling:

  • 1 1/2 cups sliced strawberries
  • 1 1/2 cups blueberries
  • 1 1/2 cups raspberries (I just used 2 bags of frozen mixed berries)
  • 1/4 tsp cinnamon
  • 1 tsp lemon zest (I didn't have fresh lemons, so I used a splash of lemon juice instead)
  • 2 tsp cornstarch
  • 1/4 cup sugar or agave nectar (I randomly had agave nectar... it was really good!)
For the topping:
  • 1 cup Quaker quick oats
  • 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
  • 1/2 cup light brown sugar, not packed
  • 3/4 tsp cinnamon
  • 1/4 cup (half stick) butter, melted

Directions:


Heat oven to 375 degrees. Combine strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, agave nectar or sugar, 1/4 tsp cinnamon and lemon zest in large bowl. Sprinkle with cornstarch. Toss until fruit is coated. Place fruit in an ungreased pie dish.

Mix remaining ingredients. Sprinkle over fruit. Bake about 40 minutes or until topping is golden brown and fruit is tender. Remove and let cool or serve warm.


Once you are ready to eat, bust out a spoon and some vanilla ice cream and then ENJOY! Mmmmmmmmmm... drool... I sure did!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! I'm totally pinning this!! They talk about skinnytaste.com at my WW meetings all the time! Guess I'm gonna have to check it out now if they have awesome recipes like this one! Looks so good!

    ReplyDelete