Thursday, April 7, 2011

Naomi's Top 10: Favorite Physical Activities

As much as I hate getting out the door to get in some exercise, I always love the way I feel afterward. I mean, let's face it... exercise boosts your endorphins, endorphins make you happy, and happy people are better wives, mothers, and friends. So when I need a little happiness boost, here are the top 10 activities I do to put a smile on my face and some bounce in my step:


1. RUNNING- Like I've said before, running really gets me going. It gives me energy, makes me feel like I'm accomplishing something, and its one of the easiest things to get out and do for yourself.


2. WALKING- When I don't want to get sweaty from a good run, I like to go on a nice brisk walk. Sometimes with friends, sometimes alone, but either way I find it relaxing and peaceful.


3. BIKING- I love to bike because it makes me feel like a kid again. My balance seems to be getting worse with age, but its still fun to get out every once in a while and ride the trails.


4. SWIMMING- Swimming is a magical way to work out and is also one of the best ways to exercise if you don't want to stress out your joints or look really sweaty when you're done! And who doesn't want to spend a few minutes every once in a while feeling like a dolphin?!


5. KICKBOXING- I love kickboxing! It makes you sweat out your fat cells whilst simultaneously getting out all your aggression and negative energy. (I've obviously never taken a picture of myself kickboxing before, so this one will have to do. You can clearly see that I am making my aggressive face. Check out the fear in my little sister's eye!)


6. ROCK CLIMBING- This isn't a picture of me rock climbing either but... you get the gist :) Anyway, I love rock climbing because it provides both a physical challenge and a mental challenge at the same time. Every inch you make it up the wall is an inch closer to finishing the big puzzle of how to get up in the first place.


7. HIKING- Hiking gives your legs a good burn and your heart some good bounce time, but it also lets you connect with nature, and sometimes, really great friends!


8. HARD WORK- Good old fashioned hard work will make your muscles sore AND it will help you complete tasks and see an immediate result...which sometimes has to hold you off until you can see some good weight loss results :)


9. POLYNESIAN DANCE- Dancing is one of those great workouts that you hardly even realize you are getting. It is fun and challenging and really gives you a great opportunity to just let go!


10. PLAYING WITH MY KIDS- No matter how hard or often I work out, nothing makes my heart race more then playing with my kids! A 5 minute dance party with them will wear me out more then 30 minutes with Jillian Michaels! Plus, it gives me that great mommy-daughter time that makes me feel like I'm doing something right in the world!

3 comments:

  1. Hahah! Liz's eye is jacked up in that picture! Love it! And I agree with all of the above. Being active makes me happy and all those things you mentioned are awesome. My favorites being running, walking, hard work and chasing after my kids! I wish I had a bike with a trailer to go biking with my kids, how awesome would that be?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen! Don't you find it odd that we moms aren't ALL just skinny little things? We work our butts off! And I'd like to pick up biking, you're right about it making you feel like a kid again. I miss it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Here amazing Physical Activities with Physical travel Thanks for this post I like this post

    ReplyDelete