Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Sauteed Zucchini with Oregano and Feta


About a year ago, a friend of mine gave me a ton of zucchini! After several loaves of zucchini bread, I ran out of ideas of what to do with it. So, I did a Google search for zucchini recipes and came up with this:

Sauteed Zucchini with Oregano and Feta
  • 2 tsp Olive Oil
  • 2 medium zucchini, cut into 2 inch chunks
  • 1 tsp dried oregano
  • 2 Tbs parsley, fresh, chopped
  • 1/8 tsp pepper
  • 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add zucchini and oregano, saute until zucchini is golden brown, about 4 to 6 minutes.

Remove skillet from heat and add parsley, toss to combine. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Sprinkle feta cheese over top just before serving.

Serving size is 1/2 cup.

We gave the recipe a try and Kevin and I both LOVED it! We make it all the time now and even throw in squash, mushrooms, and onions when we have them around. My girls love it too (because of the cheese I think) and it fills us all up without anything extra. I will, however, throw some chicken on the grill for my husband sometimes just in case! Hope you get the chance to give it a try. Enjoy!

P.S. I don't actually remember where I got the recipe. If you happen to know, please tell me so I can give them the credit!

1 comment:

  1. YUM!! Totally trying this out as soon as I can get to the store and buy some Zucchini! Mouth is already watering just thinking about it....

    ReplyDelete