Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Fast, Easy, and (mostly) Healthy!

Lately I've been trying to find ways to eat a little healthier... but still enjoy what I'm eating! So today I'm going to share two of my recent discoveries with you. Zucchini Pasta and Single Serving Cookies!

The Pasta is REALLY simple. All you do is shred up some zucchini into noodle sized pieces, cover it with a half a cup of your favorite pasta sauce, and then sprinkle with cheese. I used Feta for this plate and some Organic Pasta sauce. If you are on Weight Watchers, this whole plate of "pasta" with sauce and cheese is only 3 points!

I also like to cut up zucchini and then sprinkle it with salt, pepper, and balsamic vinegar. That combination is O points on Weight Watchers!

However, like any true "Foodie" I can't complete a meal without dessert. This concept has given me trouble in the past because I have a tendency to make a tray of cookies, eat 1/4 of the dough before I bake them, then accidentally eat half the cookies when they come out of the oven before deciding to put some aside to drop off at a friends, and then accidentally eating those before I can get out of the house! Yikes!

Which brings us to Single Serving Cookies. My friend Jennie (who knows about my marathon cookie eating problem) sent me a recipe last month to make just ONE cookie at a time! Thus, eliminating the need to eat platefuls of cookies in one sitting :) So without further ado, here it is:

Single Serving Chocolate Chip Cookie

Ingredients:
  • 1 tablespoon white granulated sugar (or Splenda)
  • 1 tablespoon brown sugar
  • 1 tablespoon butter
  • 1 to 2 tablespoons chocolate chips
  • 1 tablespoon water
  • 1/8 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • Pinch of salt
  • Pinch of baking soda
  • 5 tablespoons flour (I used whole wheat flour)
Instructions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Measure all the ingredients in a small bowl. Mix and mash thoroughly with a fork (or your hands). It's easier if the butter is slightly softened rather than using a hard-brick. Add the mixture to the center of a greased cookie sheet. To make it easier to bake evenly, smooth the mixture out as a thin layer. Bake for 15-17 minutes. Bake for an additional 1-2 minutes if the cookie is too soft or gooey. Let cool on a plate and enjoy.


No comments:

Post a Comment