Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Where I've been, What I've been doing, and What's gonna happen now!

So, you may have noticed that I've been a little MIA these days. Where have I been you might ask? Well...


I spent a large portion of my summer in Utah for the Uda family reunion. And while I was there, I also got to spend time with Kevin's family in Kaysville and Idaho as well. We were there for over a month, and when I got back...


I had to spend some serious time getting this one potty trained. She was a tough one to figure out, but eventually we learned that as long as it was NEVER our idea, she would use the toilet. She still has occasional accidents (mostly when she is mad at me) but otherwise is doing quite well!


After all that potty training I had to prepare for my seventh anniversary, which involved a massive effort to rid our fire pit of wasps! But that is not all, I also helped my husband build the Adirondack chairs you see (complements of Ana-white.com) and I hacked away all the overgrowth in our yard that the previous renters left behind!


Then I got to work redoing some old patio furniture we were given. I just used spray paint on the table and chairs, then used the old padding from our window seat at our last place to make cushions. The outdoor fabric was from Joann's and thanks to their 50% off coupons, I saved $45 dollars on it! Woohoo! Total cost: $60


I've also been running... a lot! I'm training for a half marathon in October, but was able to do two 5k's with my friends this month in preparation for my bigger race. We had so much fun together, beating old records and rolling in the mud :)


Oh yeah! and remember our super awesome, super affordable preschool teacher that decided to move at the end of last year? Well, we couldn't find anyone to replace her (as she is irreplaceable) so I decided to do preschool myself. That means I also spent a lot of time figuring it out and prepping my house for it. I made a music station and a fabric map of the USA (more to come on those later) and my husband made individual desks for the girls in my class.

And before you think I would try something like this alone, let me just say that I was able to convince my amazing friend Arielle to join me in the effort! She teaches Mondays, I teach Wednesdays, and on Fridays we combine for a field trip that has to do with the weekly theme. 

Long story short, I am back now and will mostly be posting about our preschool adventures. But until then...


Here is a little picture of Brooklyn on her first day back to school. She was super excited and it was fun interviewing her for the second time. If you want to compare her answers to last year, you can check them out HERE!


2 comments:

  1. Hi, just a moment back I was searching for the information on the same topic and now I am here. So much information, really well executed blog. This is really informative and I will for sure refer my friends the same. Thanks affordable preschool

    ReplyDelete
  2. any "nicer pics" of her on the potty mum? I would LOVE some of herpussy

    ReplyDelete