Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Asparagus with Balsamic Tomatoes

Today I thought I'd skip my regular calorie-packed-recipe and give you one of my FAVORITE healthy recipes instead. I found this Asparagus with Balsamic Tomatoes recipe by Laura Zapalowski on the My Recipes website and it is AMAZING! So here goes:

Ingredients
  • 1 pound asparagus, trimmed
  • 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
  • 1 1/2 cups halved grape tomatoes
  • 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh garlic
  • 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 3 tablespoons crumbled goat cheese (I used twice as much!)
  • 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
Preparation
  • Cook asparagus in boiling water 2 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain.
  • Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add tomatoes and garlic; cook 5 minutes. Stir in vinegar; cook 3 minutes. Stir in salt. Arrange asparagus on a platter; top with tomato mixture. Sprinkle with cheese and pepper.
(Personal note: I cut up my asparagus before cooking and then added it to the tomato mixture when the heat was off to get more flavor. I also added pine nuts to the tomatoes and it really added a nice touch to the meal. Then, I served it with Parmesan and butter rice. YUMMO!)


Hope you all get a chance to try this out. HAPPY COOKING!


No comments:

Post a Comment