Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Graham Cracker S'MORE Cookies!!!

Yesterday Kevin was feeling a little blue, so I promised him a fantastically gooey treat when he finally returned home from work. I knew just the thing for this time of year and quickly went to my computer to pull up THIS recipe from Always with Butter.


That's right! The gooey goodness of S'mores combined with chocolate chip cookie dough! Doesn't get much better than that!


I followed the recipe pretty closely, minus two small adjustments. The recipe said to make your dough with chocolate chips in it and then halfway through cooking, to add Hershey's bars to the top. It was a little too much chocolate for me so I took out the chocolate chips. Also, the recipe said to place your dough on top of graham crackers, but I decided to make a graham cracker crust instead!


So here's the recipe as I made it: Graham Cracker S'more Cookies

Crust:
  • 1 1/2 Cups graham cracker crumbs
  • 1/4 Cup granulated sugar
  • 1/3 Cup melted butter
Cookie:
  • 2/3 Cup butter, softened
  • 1 Cup brown sugar
  • 1/2 Cup granulated sugar
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1 tsp cinnamon
  • 2 1/2 Cups flour
  • 1 Cup mini marshmallows
  • 1/2 bag of Hershey's Drops


Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

Mix graham cracker crumbs, 1/4 cup sugar, and melted butter.
Firmly press into bottom of pan. (I used a cake pan but it took way longer to cook through once I added the cookie dough, so I would recommend using a regular cookie sheet)
Bake crust for about 8 minutes.

While crust is cooling, cream softened butter and sugars together, then add eggs and vanilla.
In a separate bowl, mix flour, baking soda, Cinnamon, and salt.
Combine four mixture with butter mixture and then fold in marshmallows.

Roll finished dough into cookie sized balls and place on top of crust.
Bake for 5 minutes, then remove and press Hershey's Drops into the top.
Replace in oven and cook for 5-7 minutes longer. (I had to cook it for 10 more minutes to get it cooked all the way through.)
Remove cookies from oven and let cool for 5-10 minutes.
Then serve to your "blue" husband and ENJOY the happiness that spreads across his face!!

As a random aside: I will be running the Chicago Ragnar Relay this weekend so I won't be around to post about our Good Friday, or anything else for that matter! Hopefully you still get the chance to get out and do a good deed. Until then, I will see you back here on Sunday night!

4 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh! My heart rate actually accelerated after looking at these pictures! Holy cow!! DROOL! Must eat now!!! Thanks a lot you evil temptress! btw, what camera did you take those pics with? They look great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHA! Your heart rate accelerated because there's so much butter in this recipe that you can actually get fat by looking at it! They are very tasty cookies though! Anyway, I used the little point and shoot that you guys got us! It's a great little camera! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm totally making those tonight! Thanks for the idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome Nikki! You'll have to let me know how they turned out!

    ReplyDelete