Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Science: Can Water Bend a Pencil?

Today, Brooklyn and I got together during Lily's nap to do a little Science Experiment! The experiment can be found at http://www.kids-science-experiments.com/bendingpencil.html and only takes a few minutes to complete. That way, your preschooler won't lose interest, and Brooklyn still thought it was great! Here are some pictures of our time together:

Two things you'll have to excuse: The dirty dishes in my sink, and Brooklyn's outfit. I thought about cleaning out the sink and changing her clothes for the pictures, but then I realized how fake and unrealistic that would be.

The truth is, my daughters hardly ever get out of their PJ's before noon unless they find their dress-ups... and then they just look like this all day. Also, those dishes will probably be residents in my sink for at least 2 more hours. In general, they get washed about 30 minutes before my husband gets home :)


Here is Brooklyn showing me that the pencil is not bent or broken. Don't you just love the sunglasses!


And last but not least, here is our distorted pencil. Brooklyn was convinced that it was a magic trick until I told her it was the water and the light that made it look that way. I still don't know if she is buying it.

No comments:

Post a Comment